[:en]It’s not uncommon for people to feel overwhelmed after a long day, but some believe that it’s unavoidable and can’t be relieved without seeing a doctor all the time. This is not the case! If you are feeling stressed out, it’s important to remember that everyone has these moments and you can often relieve it and become much calmer with a few relaxation techniques you can perform from your desk or in your home.
One of the best ways to relieve stress and calm yourself down is with deep breathing. It may seem too simple to help, but the act of breathing in and out deeply sends a message throughout your body to relax. Symptoms of stress can include a racing heart and fast breathing, which are all things that a slow and steady breathing exercise can help resolve. Here is a technique you can try to help relax that can be done almost anywhere:
- Sit or lie down comfortably.
- Place one hand just below your ribs and the other on your chest.
- Breathe deeply through your nose, allowing your belly to push outwards. Breathe out through your lips, allowing your belly to go in, helping to push the air out.
- Repeat this up to ten times. Do it as slowly and calmly as possible.
By taking the time to relax, you will have helped to relieve the symptoms of stress, which are physical and mental in nature. Neglecting the signs can mean detrimental health effects in the long run. Here is another type of relaxation exercise that can help you relieve the stress built up in your muscles:
- Lie down on the floor, face up.
- Begin by taking deep breaths (see above for a suitable breathing exercise).
- Breathe in, tensing the muscles of your feet, then breathe out, releasing the tension.
- Work your way up your body: breathe in and tense another muscle in your body and breathe out to relax it.
- Do this for every muscle group in your body.
These stress relieving techniques are a great way to calm yourself when the pressures of everyday life are starting to get to you. This happens to everyone! What’s important is knowing when you are stressed out and how best to treat it. Of course, when the stress is becoming too much and too overwhelming, it may be a good idea to see a physician about it who can advise you on any therapy options you can take. Come book an appointment with us at Regeneveda to learn more and see how we can help relieve your stress with the treatments that we offer.[:]