What Are Peptides?
If you’ve looked into boosting your health, you’ve probably come across the term ‘peptide’, and you might be wondering, what exactly is a peptide?
Peptides are short chains of amino acids usually less than 50, linked together to provide coding of information to turn on various cellular processes. Peptide therapy has gained popularity in recent years due to the fact that these peptides are highly specific (i.e. they only do what you want them to do) while also being well-tolerated and safe. Essentially, they are fragments of proteins linked together.
Peptides regulate most every known process and system in the body in a tissue and cell-specific manner. The simplest peptides are dipeptides, followed by tripeptides, tetrapeptides, and so on and so forth. Meanwhile, a polypeptide is a long, continuous, and unbranched peptide chain. There are many different kinds of peptides, which are classified by their sources and function.
Peptides improve and modulate specific parts of hormone production, immune function, the sleep cycle, the production of inflammatory mediators, DNA replication, cell division and renewal, cancer cell destruction and apoptosis, libido and sexual arousal, weight loss, lean muscle gain and other metabolic activities, tissue healing and specific biological functioning of the brain, skin, eyes and urinary and reproductive systems.
Benefits of Peptide Therapy
So how can the power of peptides be harnessed? Peptides are numerous and variable in structure, therefore their effects are likewise varied and wide-ranging.
For people seeking out a specific treatment, peptide therapy may be the way to go. Peptides generally have tissue-specific effects while hormones have less precise and broad effects. Some benefits include but are not limited to:
- Increase in lean muscle growth through the development of new muscle cells
- Improvements in workout and recovery
- Reduces body fat
- Increases levels of energy, strength, and stamina
- Increase muscle mass, definition, and endurance (decrease in cellulite)
- A better, deeper and a more restful sleep
- Decrease in joint and muscle pain
- Increased sex drive
- Increased skin elasticity and a decrease in wrinkles
- Increase in mental functions
- Accelerates healing from wounds or surgery
- Strengthens the immune system
- Fuller hair and improved nail growth
- Boost healthy levels of growth hormone
- Increases bone density and health
Common Peptides Used For Weight Loss
- AOD 9604 can aid in weight loss.
- Growth Hormone Secretagogues such as the combination CJC -1295/Ipamorelin which stimulate the natural release of Human Growth Hormone from your pituitary gland. These peptides restore and improve your overall energy level and well-being and can be part of an effective weight loss program.
- MOTS-c helps to regulate mitochondrial energy and has important role in metabolism, weight loss, exercise capacity, longevity and can help prevent osteoporosis.
Learn More About Peptide Therapy For Weight Loss
There are many more peptides available for you, so feel free to contact us about your specific needs. We are able to help create an effective program to meet your needs that is especially designed for you. Contact us today to learn more about peptides at 855-734-3638!