Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Aging occurs when hormone levels decline. HRT & BHRT can help to restore levels to their optimal concentration.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Regenevéda offers complete bioidentical hormone replacement therapy in Chicago and Beverly Hills. Bioidentical hormones are chemically identical to those the body produces. While hormones like estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone naturally decrease with age, the use of bioidentical hormones, as part of a prescribed hormone replacement therapy, can help to restore hormones more youthful levels. This can result in more energy, better memory, a healthier heart, stronger bones, and a more youthful glow. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), also known as natural hormone therapy, is different than conventional hormone replacement therapy (HRT) because bioidentical hormones are naturally derived from plant chemicals.
Advantages of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
- Many bioidentical hormones are derived from natural plant chemicals (botanicals)
- Each formula is customized to your individual, unique physiology
- The dosage is adjusted based on your hormone panel (we monitor closely)
- Bioidentical hormones are natural & the body can metabolize them as it was designed to do
- European Medical studies report they are safer than synthetic versions
- Thorough testing & evaluation determines what is best for you
- Dr. Lobe has treated patients for years with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy & has had outstanding success with it
There are several options available for treating age management issues with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. Dr. Lobe can help you determine if including this therapy in your treatment plan will be beneficial to achieving your best life.
Important Hormones and Their Function
- Melatonin. Melatonin induces sleep but doesn’t affect the deep sleep cycle. It also protects against free radicals and likely slows the aging process and the appearance of age-related diseases. Melatonin can increase the serum levels of Human Growth Hormone and Thyroid hormones. It also calms excessive adrenal cortisol activity and can suppress female hormone production. Any good anti-aging program includes a nightly dose of melatonin.
- Human Growth Hormone. Important for childhood growth and development, a decrease in Growth Hormone production in adults causes an acceleration of the aging process. Our skin, muscle and tissues begin to atrophy and sag, wrinkles and fat replace our once smooth skin and muscles. Growth Hormone increases the function, repair and health of our muscles, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, joints, nerves and the brain. Its effect on the nervous system is profound causing a sensation of inner peace with a clear sense of improvement in the overall quality of life and our ability to concentrate and cope with stress.
- IGF-1 or Somatomedin C. The liver produces this hormone with stimulation by growth hormone and protein intake. IGF-1 produces most but not all of the effects of Growth Hormone. Its measurement can be used as a good reflection of growth hormone levels. It takes approximately one month of growth hormone treatments to reflect an increase in serum IGF-1 and have it stabilize at a higher level. IGF-1 improves and can reverse age-induced atrophy, sagging profile, wrinkles, thinning skin and excess fat. It also appears to correct organ function such as the muscles and heart. IGF-1 helps calm emotions such as inner peace and gives patients self-assurance and self-confidence, leadership capabilities, capacity to solve problems and confront stressful conditions. Another benefit of IGF-1 is improved glucose control in diabetics who may need to decrease their insulin dose.
- Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone. MSH is responsible for pigmentation and is protective against sunburn and melanoma. It may protect the hair from graying. It also reduces appetite and inflammation. MSH tends to boost both female and male sexuality, making the whole body more sexually sensitive. Finally, MSH may help us to live longer.
- Oxytocin. Many think of oxytocin as the love hormone because it stimulates sociability, friendliness and deeper bonds. It will improve one’s mood and make them smile more. It also reduces anxiety. Other benefits of oxytocin include its ability to lower blood pressure and speed up wound healing. Many take oxytocin because it tends to seep up orgasm, stimulate the sexual drive and increase pleasure with orgasm. In females, oxytocin increases vaginal lubrication and facilitates orgasm by awakening their senses. In men, oxytocin increases the sensitivity of the penis to sexual contact and facilitates ejaculation.
- Vasopressin. Vasopressin keeps water in the body to help keep the skin and other tissues well hydrated. It also improves memory and learning.
- Thyroid Hormone. There are different types of thyroid hormone. The two major hormones are T4 and T3 (the most active form). Thyroid hormone tends to increase metabolism, energy production and consumption, speed of thinking, and HDL (the good lipid). Thyroid hormones tend to decrease LDL (the bad cholesterol). If you are low on energy, this is a likely place to start looking for answers.
- Cortisol. Cortisol keeps us alive by increasing blood sugar and blood pressure and decreasing inflammation. It also functions to enhance our mood, increase our work capacity, stress resistance, and the stimulation of immune defenses. Cortisol calms down excess adrenaline activity.
- DHEA. DHEA converts to many different hormones such as male and female sex hormones. DHEA converts to testosterone inside cells for use by the cells. It also converts to androstenediol glucuronide, a high level of which suggests conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone inside cells. DHEA and Androstenedione convert to the sex hormones and enhance the immune system in several different ways.
- Pregnenolone. Pregnenolone is a precursor for many major hormones in the cholesterol pathway. It also functions as a neurotransmitter, especially in the brain and memory. Memory loss may be one of the first signs of deficiency. It also appears to have an anti-rheumatoid effect.
- Aldosterone. Aldosterone keeps water in the body and maintains blood pressure, keeping tissues youthfully well hydrated.
- Insulin. In the absence of diabetes, Insulin supplies energy to the cells. Glucose cannot penetrate into the cells of the body without the action of insulin. It also plays a significant role in maintaining muscle and other tissue. It is equally effective in its anabolic affect. In contrast to growth hormone, Insulin increases fat mass.
- Estrogen. Estrogens are the main female hormones and exist in a delicate balance with progesterone. Estrogens make the body retain fluid; natural progesterone acts as a diuretic. Estrogen increases menstrual blood flow and progesterone decreases it. Estrogens stimulate the nervous system and increase alertness whereas progesterone can make a woman nervous, but overall tends to calm the emotions and mood. Estradiol feminizes the body, increases vaginal lubrication, enhances libido. Estriol has a limited effect. A decrease in estrogen causes premature aging, weak bones, heart disease and Alzheimer’s disease. Progesterone deficiency results in breast cysts and cancer, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, hyperplasia and cancer and fibroids.
- Testosterone. In women, testosterone improves mood and decreases depression and anxiety. It improves bone density and muscle strength, enhances the sex drive and orgasm, maintains the female and protects against the risk of atherosclerosis. In men, Testosterone is the predominant male hormone. It can convert to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which produces secondary sex characteristics including hair, beard, and a deep voice. When it does not convert to DHT, it can convert to Estradiol, which then generates a female body appearance. Testosterone safeguards the heart, protects against diabetes and obesity, supports brain function, sustains bones and improves mood and memory and finally reduces anxiety.
- Progesterone. In men, progesterone keeps serum estradiol and DHT levels low thus helping the prostate and possibly preventing or attenuating male pattern baldness. Progesterone is also important for the production of aldosterone, cortisol and other androgens. It has a calming effect on the body.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Chicago
The extent of hormone secretion in the body or their availability at one particular point of time and for a particular process is significant for general well-being. At Regeneveda, our expert doctors and consultants can identify the underlying cause for a problem and the hormone responsible for it.
That is why our clinics in Chicago and Los Angeles offer the best bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
Any deficiency in hormones or their secretion can be extremely significant for a healthy living. At Regeneveda, you can talk to our expert doctors to understand the procedure involved in Biomedical hormone replacement therapy before signing up for a treatment.
Our biomedical hormone replacement therapy in Chicago and Los Angeles can address many health-related concerns such as Thyroid, degenerated growth, and many more.
Call us for more details on BHRT or visit our clinics to talk to one of our experts for an overview of our BHRT procedures.